8.8.10

boho girl


today was a rather okay day. slept late last night and woke up early because my dad insisted we go out for breakfast in the MORNING and not for brunch at 11am or later. so by a little past 9am we were sitting in a little indian restaurant called chola spice eating nasi lemak and drinking iced water (well, that's what i had). then we did a bit of shopping and i'm very happy! i now have a silver nose ring (though it's a round one, not an elongated one), a silver nose stud, workbooks for school (not too excited about that, but there you go), an unlined sketch/project book that i intend to start a scrapbook in, the august issue of seventeen malaysia and -- my favourite -- aviators and white wayfarers! i'm so happy, i now have two items (three if you count the nose ring) off my wishlist and i'm well on my way to expressing my style. my next venture(s): slouchy tops and fedoras, and feathered accessories. hoho! i'll be the female johnny depp. =D

while browsing in the bookstore i came across this great book called the goddess experience by gisele scanlon. in it she lists 1001 micro pleasures, which are the little things in life that we like but don't often stop to appreciate. such as tea. and chocolate. and clothes. i'm going to make a list of my own micro pleasures in my new scrapbook/journal. it sounds like it'll be good fun.

tonight for dinner we had one of our weekend cooking experiments - char kuey teow! well... it didn't turn out very consistent, every plate tasted different, but the imperfection of it all gave it a personal touch. and for dessert there's going to be vanilla ice cream! yum... very unhealthy, yes, but the exercise afterward is a price i gladly pay. doing yoga and dancing to work off delicious food is really quite enjoyable. =D

2 comments:

Ratna said...

hey girl- when did all this start? well, i absolutely love 'boho girl'. i once (and still not so secretly do) fancied myself a hippy-chick. just love following your evolution :)

Shanita said...

haha, for some reason i always had a feeling you were as boho as me! turns out i was right ;)
it's so nice to know you're following my blog!