21.8.10

dream on

picture credits: dream on by *indiae on deviantart.com (http://indiae.deviantart.com)

today i got the news that i came in second for my school drawing competition. i'm so excited! not quite the champion, but a winner all the same.
next tuesday there will be a public holiday because of independence day. so at 6.30 am we'll be heading off to attend a yoga and meditation thing in this place called jandabaik. i used to go there on holidays with my family and our friends as a little girl. we're having a picnic too! it sounds like it's going to be a great day.
and as for the rest of my life? i drank lots of tea. fussed about with my hair until i perfected the messy bun (expect to see my hair like that a lot now). started reading the faraway tree collection by enid blyton. ate till i could eat no more. watched all three matrix movies back to back -- 6 hours! got on with cleaning my room. found my "prince charming" -- a silly (but rather fitting) nickname for my latest obssession. read blogs. surfed the internet. fell in love with paris and everything to do with the parisian lifestyle. fantasized about meeting ed speleers (i know. i have too much free time). made a deal with my friend that we would travel together someday. and kept on dreaming. because without dreams, where would we be?

1 comment:

Shalina said...

true sis. where would we be? still in kindergarten i guess. i have dreams too but of course i share it only with you. you can keep secrets. and i trust you. even when we are lazy at home, i feel comfortable talking to you. nice post. dream on.